Many work sites rely on the staff to conduct basic Emergency Response to a number of situations across the work site. This may include the first response to a fire that has occurred on site. The employees will be able to assist with the fire until more appropriate equipment and personnel arrive.
This unit of competency could be assessed by practical demonstration, using simulated fire situations. Due to safety and cost factors, methods of extinguishing class D, E and F fires are confined to oral explanations and role play or simulations only.
All practical demonstrations involving the use of simulated fires must adhere to the safety and environmental regulations relevant to each state or territory.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills to successfully complete this course. Interpreters are not allowed.
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course.
The theory for this unit is completed online, then you will come in for a practical assessment which takes about 30 minutes.
This training is delivered at the Bunbury and Welshpool Training Centres and onsite at the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
- Online Theory
- Face to Face Practical
- The Training Presentation and Student Manual are available for you to read prior to commencing the assessment
- You will need access to a computer and internet to complete the assessment
- We strongly recommend you familairise yourself with the Student Manual and Power Point prior to attempting the Quiz
- You are allowed two (2) attempts at each question
- There is an 100% passing grade for the Quiz. Any questions missed will be discussed with your trainer when you come in to complete your practical assessment.
On successful completion of the theory, and practical assessment; a Statement of Attainment will be issued for the unit of competency:
CPPFES2005A – Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
Please refer to WA Skills Training Terms and Conditions available in the Student Handbook.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.