** Online Refresher **
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
It applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. The competency requires the person to interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
Working environment may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
The unit is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This unit of competency applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication
Our online refresher process is designed for workers who want to refresh a unit of competency (tickets) via a blended pathway of practical evidence and an online assessment saving the need to sit in a class for a whole day.
Online Refresher Instructions Below
TO ACCESS ALL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES REQUIRED for your refresher/s please use the link below:
Please note that all requirements will need to be emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org to be approved before enrolment can take place.
- Up to 30 days to complete.
- Assessment will take 30-90 minutes depending on your comfort level with the technology and subject matter.
- Your enrolment will be finalised within two business days once all requirement plus payment are received and approved for enrolment.
A login to our e-learning portal will be sent to the email address on your enrolment form.
Upon successful completion of your online assessment, your statement/s of Attainment will be processed in accordance with our issuance policy.
It is highly recommended that you study before attempting the online assessment. There will be a manual available for download in your online course for you to study before you complete your online assessment/s.
NOTE: You will need to achieve a passing grade of 100% in order to pass these assessments. You will be given two (2) attempts at each question.
Any grade of 90% or more will qualify you for a verbal re-assessment of any questions that you get wrong.
In this event, please call to discuss any questions that you may have missed.
Express processing is available for an additional $25.
Your enrolment will occur within one business day of all requirements being received and approved for enrolment
Statement/s of Attainment will be issued within one business day of your completion of the online assessment.
Same day processing is available for an additional $50.
Your enrolment will occur on the same business day that all requirements are received and approved for enrolment – providing these are received by 3.00pm.
Statement/s of Attainment will be issued on the same business day you complete the online assessment – provided the assessment is completed by 3.00pm
Certification can be expected within 3-5 business days of successful completion of assessment.
Wallet cards will be posted to your nominated postal address Payment to be made in full at time of application.
Payment to be made in full at time of application.
- The cost of each refresher includes a non refundable administration fee of $45 per unit.
- Cancellations made before actual enrolment will be entitled to refund minus $45 administration fee.
- Cancellations made after enrolment will not be refunded.