A licence to perform high risk work is required if workers use or operate high risk work equipment or plant. Licences are valid in every Australian state and territory, enabling workers to operate high risk equipment under consistent standards throughout Australia.
This training is designed to enable the student to operate a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, mounted on a vehicle for the principle purpose of loading and unloading such a vehicle, including the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load, for licensing purposes.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age as per the requirements of NAI Guidelines for Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills to successfully complete this course, interpreters are not allowed to assist as per NAI Guidelines for Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course.
- Must be able to provide 100 points of ID
- Must hold a HRWL for DG (this does not have to be a WA licence, you may use an interstate licence. International licences are not permitted)
4 day course
This training is delivered at our Welshpool and Bunbury Training Centres and onsite at the clients’ workplace on request. Each of the courses for the crane licences takes approximately 40 hours. Training times vary, depending on candidate’s experience.
This is a closed book assessment
On successful completion of the theory, calculations, and practical assessments; students will be issued with the unit of competency: TLILIC0002 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above).
An application for a High Risk Work Licence (CV – capacity 10 metre tonnes and above) will be sent to WorkSafe WA for processing.
The price of this High Risk Work Licence course includes the WorkSafe High Risk Work Licence application fees and the photographs required.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Terms and Conditions available in the Student Handbook.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.