High Risk Work Licences are valid in every Australian state and territory, enabling workers to operate high risk equipment under consistent standards throughout Australia.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane/ operator for licensing purposes.
This unit covers the scope of work to demonstrate competency in the application of slinging techniques, selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane/ operator in the movement of the load.
This unit is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
This unit in its current form meets state and territory licensing requirements. Any alteration will result in a unit which is not acceptable to regulators for the purpose of licensing.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age as per the requirements of the NAI Standards for Persons Performing High Risk Work
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills and interpreters are not allowed in this course as per NAI Assessment Guidelines for Persons Performing High Risk Work
- Sound maths skills are essential to be able to complete this training as a large component of the theory assessment involves maths
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course
- Must provide 100 points of ID
4 day course
This training is delivered at the Bunbury and Welshpool Training Centres and onsite at the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
This is a closed book assessment
On successful completion of the theory, calculations, and practical assessment; a Statement of Attainment will be issued for the unit of competency: CPCCLDG3001A – Licence to perform dogging.
An application for a High Risk Work Licence (DG-Dogging) will be sent to WorkSafe WA for processing. The price of this course includes the WorkSafe High Risk Work Licence application fees and the photographs required.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Terms and Conditions available in the Student Handbook.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.