Many work sites rely on the staff to conduct basic Emergency Response to a number of situations across the work site. This may include the first response to a fire that has occurred on site. The employees will be able to assist with the fire until more appropriate equipment and personnel arrive.
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to operate firefighting equipment. Work is undertaken in accordance with relevant codes of practice, manufacturer’s instructions and workplace emergency procedures, as part of work activities within the transport and logistics industry.
It includes checking, identifying, selecting and using the appropriate firefighting equipment.
Work is performed under some supervision generally within a team environment.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication
- Must be over 18 years of age
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills to successfully complete this course. Interpreters are not allowed.
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course.
The theory for this unit is completed online, then you will come in for a practical assessment which takes about 30 minutes.
This training is delivered at the Bunbury and Welshpool Training Centres and onsite at the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
- Online Theory
- Face to Face Practical
- The Training Presentation and Student Manual are available for you to read prior to commencing the assessment
- You will need access to a computer and internet to complete the assessment
- We strongly recommend you familairise yourself with the Student Manual and Power Point prior to attempting the Quiz
- You are allowed two (2) attempts at each question
- There is an 100% passing grade for the Quiz. Any questions missed will be discussed with your trainer when you come in to complete your practical assessment.
On successful completion of the theory, and practical assessment; a Statement of Attainment will be issued for the unit of competency:
TLIF2018 – Operate fire fighting equipment
Please refer to WA Skills Training Terms and Conditions available in the Student Handbook.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.