This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) exceeding 3 tonnes safely, in accordance with all relevant legislative responsibilities. Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High Risk Work Licence (HRWL) to operate this plant.
Non-slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that cannot be slewed, and includes:
• an articulated mobile crane
• a locomotive crane
• but does not include vehicle tow trucks.
A person performing this work is required to hold a non-slewing mobile crane HRWL.
This unit requires a person operating non-slewing mobile crane with an MRC exceeding 3 tonnes to:
• plan the work/task
• prepare for the work/task
• perform work/task
• pack up
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age as per the requirements of NAI Guidelines for Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- All Students must have basic English reading and writing skills to successfully complete this course, interpreters are not allowed to assist as per NAI Guidelines for Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course.
- Must be able to provide 100 points of ID
- Must hold a HRWL for DG (this does not have to be a WA licence, you may use an interstate licence. International licences are not permitted)
3 day course
This training is delivered at our Welshpool and Bunbury Training Centres and onsite at the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
This is a closed book assessment
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in accordance with our Issuance Policy and Procedure
You will also be issued with a Notice of Assessment (NOA). This is your interim licence from WorkSafe WA which will be valid for 60 days. Within the 60 days WA Skills Training will lodge your licence application to WorkSafe WA for them to issue your high risk licence. Worksafe WA will post your high risk licence to your address.
An application for a High Risk Work Licence (CN -Non Slewing Mobile Crane – grater than 3 tonnes lifting capacity) will be sent to WorkSafe WA for processing.
The price of this High Risk Work Licence course includes the WorkSafe High Risk Work Licence application fees and the photographs required.
WA Skills Training requires a minimum of 25% deposit to secure a booking, or you can choose to pay in full at the time of the booking. Payment can be made by credit card in person or over the phone, or via bank transfer. Final payment is required to be paid in full prior to course commencement.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.