RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Any person intending to conduct works that will impact on traffic on roads in Western Australia is required to hold relevant and current certification of accreditation from Main Roads WA (MRWA).
- State traffic management legislation
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Traffic control devices, signs and barricades
- Traffic control signals and calculation of travel speed
- Operation and maintenance of equipment, including radio
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Civil construction terminology
- JHA / Safe work method statements
- Traffic management plans
- Planning and preparation of workplace communication using equipment and systems
- Completion of written documentation
During this three day course, students will be instructed in the skills and knowledge required to achieve Main Roads WA accreditation in Traffic Controller (TC) and Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM). BWTM develops the skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Hold a current, valid WA driver’s licence
- Hold a current, valid Construction Safety Awareness Training (Blue/White) Card
3 day course
This 3 day course is delivered in the Welshpool and Bunbury Training Centres and the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
This is a closed book assessment
On successful completion of the written and practical assessments, WA Skills Training will apply for the candidate’s accreditation with MRWA, and issue a Main Roads Traffic Management Certificate and Photographic Identity card. Candidates will also receive a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally recognised units of competency:
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Please refer to WA Skills Training Terms and Conditions available in the Student Handbook.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.