RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces.
Confined space training is required by anyone who will be working in a confined, enclosed, or partially enclosed space. That could be anything from an underground mine, inside a silo or tank, or in a wine cellar. This course is designed for anyone who will be entering or working in a confined space, completing hazard identification or risk assessment in relation to a confined space, implementing risk controls, issuing entry permits, working or communicating with the standby person, monitoring conditions while work is being conducted, or designing the work area which includes a confined space. This course will cover the following aspects:
This unit describes a participants skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
Note: The terms Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age as per WA Skills Training policy
- All Students must have sound knowledge in English reading and writing skills
- Students who may require additional support are encouraged to inform WA Skills Training staff prior to commencing the course
- A copy of your previous statement of attainment
- All course participants are required to wear appropriate PPE – long pants, long sleeve high-viz shirt and steel capped safety boots are required
- Once you have been enrolled your online theory assessment will be valid for completion within 30 days
- Your assessment will take between 30-90 minutes depending on your skill and knowledge level
Face-to-face delivered at Welshpool and Bunbury Training Centres or the clients’ workplace by arrangement.
Our training dates can be found here Calendar Downloads
To Book Contact us -Welshpool (08) 6330 1400 – Bunbury (08) 9724 7888.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in accordance with our Issuance Policy and Procedure
WA Skills Training requires a minimum of 25% deposit to secure a booking, or you can choose to pay in full at the time of the booking. Payment can be made by credit card in person or over the phone, or via bank transfer. Final payment is required to be paid in full prior to course commencement.
Please refer to WA Skills Training Cancellation Policy available in the Student Handbook.